With O2 Travel customers will:
- Only be charged £1.66 ex VAT for the days that they use data in Europe, up to 25MB a day
- Have a connection charge of 42p ex VAT for all calls made and received in Europe. When customers make a call they’ll be using their UK minutes and calls allowance. Received calls are free up to 60 minutes and don’t use the UK minutes and call allowance.
What does this mean for our customers?
Eligible customers can now be in control of their roaming costs.
Every outbound call will incur a connection fee of 42p ex VAT. After that customers are free to use their mobile like they do at home in the UK, with calls coming out of their inclusive minutes up to 60 minutes per call. After 60 minutes calls are charged at 30p ex VAT per minute.
After the 42p ex VAT connection charge, received calls are free up to 60 minutes.
Data allowances and costs
When it comes to data, customers will now know that if they connect they will be charged £1.66 per day. This is for 25MB of data. We’ll send customers an alert when they reach this allowance.
- Calls back to the UK and within Europe outside of bundled allowance – 30p per minute
- For each call that lasts more than 60 minutes, customers will be charged 30p per minute from the 60th minute onwards. This is charged in per second increments
- Texts sent to the UK and Europe – 9p (free to receive)
Who can have O2 Travel?
O2 Travel will be available to SMB customers on tariffs with domestic voice bundles.
O2 Travel is not available for customers without domestic call bundles e.g. B4B PAYU, Mobex, Mobile Broadband, iPad & Data Only Tariffs.
When will we be telling customers about O2 Travel?
All customers on eligible tariffs will be communicated to from June.
How will customers take O2 Travel?
To benefit the most customers, we want to make sign-up as easy as possible. Eligible customers will have the opportunity to choose either our standard roaming rate or O2 Travel. We’ll be working through the details of exactly how this works prior to July.
My customer currently has a monthly recurring roaming bolt on, can I also add O2 Travel to their account?
If customers have one of our recurring roaming bolt Ons, then they will not be able to get O2 Travel until this Bolt On is removed. These Bolt Ons are My Europe Extra, Chosen Country Spain, Ireland Bolt On. Customers with the Blackberry Daily or Monthly Roam service will also need to remove the service before moving to O2 Travel.
Where can I get more information?
Further information on O2 Travel will be announced in the next few weeks.